What is twinning?
Each year you will assist your twin school by raising money for first aid supplies and training equipment. Schools and nurseries can raise money by making and selling calendars, “dress down” days, bake or book sales, coffee mornings, readathons, sponsored silences, etc. It costs £150 to kit out each school or nursery in The Gambia. So the nearer you get to £150 the better, but every little bit goes such a long way in The Gambia and we will happily accept whatever you can raise.
Benefits of Twinning for UK School’s and Nurseries
First Aid 4 Gambia can come to your school assembly and do a child friendly presentation on how your funds are being spent, the progress that is being made with your donations and show some pictures of the school that you are twinned with. We will help you:
- Create a long term relationship and bond with a school in The Gambia
- Benefit from learning at a personal level about a different culture
- First Aid 4 Gambia can assist in launching a penpals scheme for the children
- First Aid 4 Gambia can provide feedback as to how donations are being spent
- The schools twinning can become part of your curriculum and a base for class projects
- School twinning certificate and photographs of chosen school will be provided by First Aid 4 Gambia
Benefits to The Gambian School
- Sponsorship of life saving first aid equipment
- Improving the quality of school children lives in The Gambia
- Promoting global and cultural understanding and awareness
- Builds a long term connection and relationship with another culture
To join up, send us a message with your contact details and we will be in-touch.