I am pleased to report that all outstanding accounts have now been audited and are being uploaded and approved by OSCR. Hopefully by the middle of next week we will be back in compliance. I must thank George Carruthers our auditor for his outstanding work and assistance on getting this arranged. My thanks also go out to Momodou Laineh in The Gambia for his continued hard work and making sure that our training programs are delivered to a high standard.In the last 12 months we have made good steady progress
- May 2019 First Aid 4 Gambia registered in The Gambia – Number 30139/C9116. The committee is formed and in charge of all financial affairs and management in The Gambia.
- February 2020 we were able to purchase a vehicle to be able to continue our work. This was funded from First Aid 4 Gambia UK and donated to the Gambian charity.
- 82 schools/communities are in our program receiving first aid supplies every 12 months and staff training every 2 years ( 283 staff trained this year)
- 22,000 children covered by our program
- We have also worked with Scouts, Sports Groups, Lifeguards , Commercial organisations and Vocational Training Centres to train a further 143 people. This brings the total number trained to 430
- We achieved all this with an expenditure of £8334. This is much higher than our normal expenditure due to cost of vehicle purchase.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a full copy of the accounts in pdf. format
OSCR are in the process of updating our information and we hope it will be completed by about 21st May
Currently all work in The Gambia is suspended due to current Covid19 regulations.
This is also creating some challenges in the UK for our normal fundraising activities.
We will be holding a full virtual AGM in the near future making use of conferencing technology.
To all our supporters my thanks on behalf of the Charity.
These accounts were adopted by the committee on 15th May 2020.
Stay safe all,
Chair / Trustee